2009-01-05

Sickie.

I know when I am getting my strengths back when I'm sick...and this is when I am able to write more than two sentences. For the past five days I have been sick with "some sort of influenza" or "a myriad of viruses" as my doctor so comfortingly said to me today. I took a strep test and that was negative...so that was good. Although, reading health magazines before my doctor's appointment today did not necessarily help. In fact, the featured article embellished on how you can get HIV or crabs from simply sitting on the toilet. Wonderful. So I go into my appointment thinking I may have contracted HIV, which I pray to the Jesus is not in fact true...but of course I don't want to sound crazy and ask the doctor if this is indeed true. So I remain quiet...and paranoid. And snuffly. Being sick is the worst isn't it? It just paralyzes you like a statue. A sniffly and stuffy statue. A sickie. I HATE BEING SICK. But after five days, I feel (knock on wood) that I am finely....almost...getting better. I think that I will actually be able to get up and out of the house, don't get me wrong it has been lovely sleeping, watching TV and hanging with the family...but I want out. I have so many things to tend to and work on. Getting a job. Finding where I want to apply...saying goodbye to friends that aren't staying in Colorado....which is a lot of people...and finishing my goodbyes to my loved ones who are returning to Chicago, but don't know that I am not. Well at least for now. I plan on breaking the news rather shortly. Not to mention I have to get cracking on all those college apps, the USC theatre supplement is due on Saturday. Oh man...and they say stress causes sickness. I'll be lucky if I go a week without being sick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blogs. I love you.

Post a Comment