2009-04-10

Day Dream.

Twas a beautiful spring day--breezy and sunny when I began to day dream. I have been doing this often lately. And I have decided that I am tired of day dreaming. Come fall I am going to go for it. If I am rejected from my top schools, so be it. Nothing is going to stop me from my dream. As a very talented and intelligent woman once said, "Dream Big". Dreams are what guide us through life. Dreams are the blue prints to our future. They tell us what we want to do the rest of our lives. Some dream of becoming teachers. Some dream of seeing the world. And some dream of changing the world. Each of us has the ability to dream and achieve our dream. But in order for such a thing to happen, we must do more than talk about it. The action. I must do something. I am young and I have my entire life in front of me (hopefully). This world is my canvas. I'm going to go crazy. I'm going to try things I have never been exposed to. I am going to travel. I am going to meet new people and hear their stories. I am going to test myself as an actor. I am going to test myself as a singer. And most importantly, I am not going to let ANYONE tell me that I can't do this. I will do this!

Some people have difficulties declaring a major or deciding what to do for the rest of their lives. Professional counselors always say, "Go back to your childhood. What did you love to do?" And when I go back to my childhood I remember performing. Even when I couldn't speak I would scoot on my ass and try to get the attention of my parents. I would watch Oprah with my Mom when I was two and dance. I have always been dramatic. Acting and singing have always been apart of me. Yes I may get shy here and there but when it comes down to it...I know what I want to do. And for this I am extremely thankful. Most people don't have a passion like mine. Hell, most people don't know what they are going to do for the rest of their lives. At least I have a goal to live for. Everyday I will make an effort (small or big) to reach my dreams. This is an adventure. I should be excited. Nothing is permanent. These past few months being back in Colorado has taught me a lot. I have rekindled friendships and have gotten closer to my family even if they don't see it. But I know I can't stay here. I have to change my course. I have to shoot for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment