2009-03-02

Mr. Coffee.

I didn't know what to name this blog. But...Hooray! The internet is actually working again! Who knew I missed blogging so much?! Whenever I lose Wi-Fi, I remind myself how screwed our society would be without the internet. No way to check e-mail, no way to stay connected with others on such luxuries as Facebook or Twitter. Yeah people bitch about both websites, but let us face it...we would not be able to connect with so many people without them! And then I go back to cell phones...what would our society be like without cell phones...what were we like back then? Maybe I was too young to care about cell phones, but damn they sure help with staying connected to people. People complain about not being able to reach someone after they tried calling a couple time, what was it like in the dark ages (also known as junior high)...how did our parents do it? Anyway, now that my thoughts on technology have ceased I can catch you up on my oh so exciting life in Northern Colorado.

Well...where to begin?! My life has actually been rather boring of late. I actually begin my first full shifts this Wednesday and Thursday (7am-Noon)...not bad hours...I only have to deal with people coming into the store for an hour since it doesn't open until 11...and who comes to shop at Hollister at 11? I sure wouldn't. I don't shop at Hollister. Ugh...something about that store gives me the heeby jeebies...and it ain't the clothes. So I am going to enjoy my time tomorrow...and will most likely (if the wind permits, go for a lovely run/speed-walk). I have been rather pro-active with my submissions. Karissa and I have been helping each other along the way since it is both of our goals to get a gig so big we don't have to go back to school (sshhh, don't tell anyone). Although I think my parents have caught on already...by now I actually think they would be more surprised if I went back to school.

SO...Karissa and I have been finding films and television shows that are accepting submissions (at least I think so...we pray they are at least). I sent out four today (three of them being in L.A. and one in London). I think both Karissa and I are at points in our life where success with our acting would most likely redeem the insanity or limbo we find ourselves in currently. She has to deal with pre-mature bitches that belong in kindergarten, and I am (temporarily) glued to the landscape of Northern Colorado. But not for long. I promise you. I promise myself that. Every time I mention Los Angeles to my parents they just moan, groan and roll their eyes. They are so far removed from the notion that it is a mere joke to them...but I know inside they are terrified of the very notion becoming reality...shit, it terrifies me! And currently a very nice gentleman is working on making copies of my "Actor's Slate" DVD which I hope to send out in mass quantities to agents (predominantly in L.A.) with my resume and headshot. I realize that most agents only accept referrals and stuff like that, but while I am where I am right now, it doesn't hurt to send submissions to them! I am not too hopeful of an agent actually contacting me from a simple submission of a headshot, resume and actor's slate DVD. However, that would be mind blowingly awesome if they did such a thing. If such a thing were to happen I would move to L.A. immediately. But either way, it is getting my name out there, so that when I do decide to venture out to the big, scary city I will hopefully have more exposure to casting agents, etc.

So once I get those DVD's...more headshots and envelopes in my hands...and money to mail them...I will be good. Damn, it is expensive relying on the US Mail. Shoot $4.50 for a basic price! So imagine how expensive it becomes when I am trying to send up to 35 in the period of two weeks. Today my dad was rather generous in helping fund the four submissions I sent out today. And that is proof that I know he believes in me. He is just nervous for me, which is understandable. My mom is in the same position. They are both so terrified to see my big dreams and big eyes come crashing down to a halt when nothing comes from my efforts. I myself am aware of this possibility, but to me it will only become a possibility...not an outcome.I will try my damnedest and give it all I have...and if that isn't enough than stick a fork through me. But one can not think such thoughts when they are embarking on such an epic journey like I am. This is a big and risky path. To me it is not a career or work, it is my life. And I will make sure it becomes reality. But getting myself organized (with the headshots and resumes and everything) has made me feel more official since I really am working for me. I'm my own boss. I have to be organized. So I spent last night viciously rummaging through my closet and my room--cleaning, dusting and making my room seem orderly. Because I thoroughly believe that the state of an individual's room mirrors their emotional state.

Other than that...I do believe I have caught you up on the past couple of days I call my life. Exciting ain't it?! On another note, I am actually beginning to grow facial hair on my chin and it is slowly becoming more than a 5:00 shadow. But it doesn't matter...because I have to shave anyway for work come Wednesday morning. Ugh. I wish I could get my Ben and Jerry's job back...it was such a great part time job to have! So easy, so great and no bitches involved. However, we are in an economic crisis, shoot me. I am so sick of worrying about money. Money does make the world go around (unfortunately). Although, I have to change my negative outlook on life. I have to switch the negativity with positivity and switch the daggers with cookies. So now I sit in my room at a late hour on Monday...Tuesday morning (haha like the store) and I can only wonder if this game called my life will ever resolve itself in the near future or if I am going to have to seek a huge change in my life. Scary. Perhaps I will go knit more of Ruth's scarf and watch Mean Girls to get my mind off of the subject. Tina Fey's writing is brilliant and so random. I love it. Peace.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

As is true with pretty much any subject (in this case, technology) , I lead you to a Conan clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

Post a Comment