2009-03-26

Dear Brooke Hogan...


I'm snowed in today and therefore have limited activities. So what do I do? Watch shitty TV (amongst many other things to keep me occupied). One of the shows "Brooke Knows Best" follows the life of Hulk Hogan's untalented daughter, Brooke Hogan. During the episode I watched Brooke was "struggling" because she couldn't decide between returning to college and pursuing her "music career". Mind you, Brooke's music career consists of her thrusting herself around in a music video and having a synthesizer sing for her. Throughout the episode Brooke was looking into pursuing marine biology at Florida Atlantic University, where one of her best friends attends school. But in the end Brooke said in a dramatic and not at all scripted way, "Music is music and college is real...(dramatic pause)...but I don't do real." Okay Brooke, what the hell does that mean? I have a bone to pick with you miss. Yes, your father is Hulk Hogan...a famous wrestler...but nothing more. His career consists of shitty re-runs of that forgettable reality show your family was on. Your mother...is with a twenty something flunk. Your brother just came out of jail (or is still in jail...) and you think that you don't want to do real? The truth Miss Hogan is that right now your bills are being payed by daddy and your reality TV show. Of course you don't "do real". You never have. But PERHAPS you should! But here's the thing that baffles my mind Brooke...can you not do both? You already had your first record that I'm sure did well with the teenage boy demographic. I have had the privilege of hearing one of your songs and and in awe of the computer you hired to sing for you. Brooke...your music career relies on your boobs and sexy body. Yes, as does everyone else, but they at least have the pipes!

Brooke, if I were you...I would GO BACK TO SCHOOL. You are a Hogan. Your family is famous for the following: a beef cake father, slutty mother and jail bound brother. YOU NEED THAT DEGREE Miss Hogan. Besides, I don't know if you realize this but there IS life after college. Just because a majority of music and movie stars ditched college to make it in the industry does not mean there aren't a shit load of others who did go to school! Your time will come when it comes. I am struggling with the same thing lady, but you know what? I am confident that I deserve BOTH a college degree AND my big break when it comes one day. Besides, doesn't your daddy already help pay for your music video expenses and fancy apartment in Miami? Yes, I think he does. I hate to even suggest this Brooke but have you thought of pursuing both school AND music? You should look into it.

Sincerely,
Braden

Wow...that was long winded and I have no idea how I got so emotionally involved. But watching that one episode just made me cringe. The naivety of youth...myself included. But, the snow cleared up a bit (for now) so I'm going to hop on over to Ruth's. No more Hogan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment