2009-03-14

Applying My Soul Away.

Sadly, I was disappointed by tonight's SNL. Come on Tracy Morgan, I know you can do better! Oh poor SNL, it is slowly reaching its demise. Those new girls don't have an ounce of funny in their bones. Minus the great Barbara Walters impression. But anyway, now that that tangent is over. College Applications. I forgot how tedious and stressful they are. I just finished my Vassar college app. I did it in an evening...(since it is due tomorrow)...both the common application and the supplement. Now, I just have to collect the transcripts and recommendation forms and all of that really annoying stuff. And once that is over I have to find a cheaper school...I promised my dad. For some reason he has just quit on the notion of receiving any financial aid. Which is stupid. Because I have to get something! Even if it is worth a penny. But I will seek out a cheaper school...not that many schools are cheap any more though.

In other news...I am working on getting fit. Ever so slowly. I think it is the one thing that is holding me back from being totally confident. So I am going to do it...if it kills me. Which it probably will. Also, I was very productive today with my college application AND submissions. Every time I send out a stack of submissions I always feel like I'm a good little actor. Currently, I'm an actor, manager and agent rolled into one. Yes, I have sent out many submissions over the mail and yes, I haven't heard back from hardly any of them (the internet submissions is where it is at) but at least I am putting myself out there. It can't hurt my chances. It can only help. So that is what I will continue to do...until I find an agent and book a project.

I leave for New Orleans Monday morning. I am VERY excited. That city is so unique and so historic. It embodies Europe and American history at the same time. Not to mention the food is the best food in the country, if not the world. Get me some crawdads up in here! And I get to visit my Babi and Grandpa Oci...every trip there is a blast to the past. I lived there for two years in my childhood and still can't get the scents and memories out of my head. It will be great to reminisce--see familiar faces, places and eat familiar delightfully delicious foods. That is if I don't get or have already been exposed to the stomach plague that Ruth just contracted last night. And since we have been in contact so much I am weary that I will begin to projectile vomit as soon as I step into airport security on Monday. Hopefully, this will not be the case. Hopefully.

Lastly, tomorrow is the reveal of HGTV's "Dream House 2009". My mother is utterly convinced that she will be winning it since she has entered every day (twice) for the past 40 days. I myself would love to have my family win the home since it is a gorgeous northern Californian estate. I dunno. It would be pretty phenomenal if they did win...out of how many millions of entries there are. But she DID create a vision board with the house all of over it. So who knows? For my mother's sake I hope she wins it...she even started to clean the house, just in case the camera crews showed up. My dad found this funny, she did not. It is rather cute. I pray her hopes don't come crashing down. But my family has never really had a lucky streak with winning any contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment