2009-02-27

Wind and Prairie Dogs.

I was on my usual run/power-walk through the prairies yesterday when the wind gust began to blow harder than usual. First of all, the trail is usually crowded with couples walking their dogs or middle aged ladies trying to lose a couple calories...however, thanks to the wind gust, the path was virtually clear of any human activity...with the exception of myself! It was wonderful. And what made it even better was the powerful wind that seemed to be blowing me in the air. I'm not even kidding you. My 6'3'' self was being lifted into the Coloradoan skies like a little balloon..well almost. (I wish). It was so great though, it was the first time I felt so happy and free. I was listening to some loud music on my iPod and dancing...yes I was dancing half the way. Prairie dogs were on both sides of me and they seemed like they were also dancing. I still believe they were. It was magical. Something out of a Dr. Pepper commercial...but better...and with dancing prairie dogs. It is another windy day, so I think I'm going to go for another run...and maybe, just maybe, this time I will actually fly away.

Photobucket

Another thought before I depart for my run...I need to stop dwelling on one opportunity. If I present myself to multiple opportunities, opportunities will hopefully continue to grace me with their presence. Yes effort and energy may have been put in for one opportunity, and yes, I may have really wanted it, but...more will come along...and everything is meant to be for a reason. My place is already etched in the future...it is just up to me to find it. Right now I am in limbo and it is okay to be in limbo. Painful, yes, but okay. I can't possibly expect the world to be in my palm and my dreams to come true so soon...but I can take the baby steps necessary to get to where I want and need to be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment