2009-02-10

Knock On Wood.

Everything's coming up roses...right now. I finally got a job (as a Hollister model) oh hohoho. I have been catching some casting director's eyes and have been called in for a film audition (however did not have enough notice to go to NYC and audition). But these are opportunities that are FINALLY presenting themselves from the hardwork that I have been exuding. I stress myself out sometimes but it is all for a product. But for now...I don't know how long it will last but I am going to relax. Tomorrow I am going to try to shoot an actor's slate/demo reel and then mail all of my submissions for agencies by next Monday or Tuesday! I start work on Monday. I hope these are all good signs. All that I know is that I feel good right now. I am constantly being reminded of how many people are in this freaking industry, but you know what...we all want the same thing. We aren't "competition"...half the time everybody looks so different they rarely are competing for the same roles. And in my current state of being, there aren't a lot of people that look like me (or at least have my legs and babyface). I absolutely have to look through a sunny lense in this life and career I have chosen.

I will leave you with this short story. Last night I was chilling at the Lyric Cinema Cafe (where my friend Ruth works). And I was discussing my ambitions as an actor and whether or not I should test the waters and go out to Los Angeles. When all of a sudden (literally from no where) a man came and sat down across from us and said, "Go. Go man. Try it. If you have the balls. If you think about it too much you won't go. Go". I think it was a sign. I just hope everything stays this way.

2 comments:

Sara Fowler said...

Dear Braden, I am so happy to hear that things are looking up for you!! You are so talented and I am very excited about these newsies.

Ruth said...

Twaaaa? You didnae tell me you got a job! Oh Hollister had better watch out is all I'm sayin'. (Don't worry, I won't let on that I know you, but I can't promise that I won't cause a ruckus. It is my way.)

Also, that "man" was not from nowhere. He was from Glossi town: the town where Glossi resides with his endless supplies of beer and couches.

Post a Comment