2008-12-27

Detour.

I'm on the highway, cruising about 95 miles an hour when I realize I have to make a decision. Continue driving to my original destination that is safe, comfortable yet too stressful or make a detour and find something new, exciting and just as beneficial. I don't know what I will say in two or three days, but the detour is looking pretty good.

I just saw the film, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" last night. It helped argue my point of taking the detour. The unknown path. Taking the adventure...which may become the best thing that will happen to me.

In the film Brad Pitt's character, Benjamin Button, as he is growing younger, goes on a series of adventures where he leaves his inhibitions to the wind and just sails and sees the world. That is what I am going to do. Because the whole point of the movie was seeing how fast time takes its toll on you. How you need to savor every moment of your existence. Every triumph and every mishap will lead you into another direction. And once you are on the new path you will continue to forge your legacy into that path. There is no right way to live and no wrong way to live. A decision like the one I am about to make may seem like a herculean task at hand...but when I am eighty (God willing) and looking back on my nineteen year old self, I will find these times to be silly, for I was oblivious to the many years of experience that were to come.

...I apologize for the weird spacing issues in the first two stanzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment